rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Podcasting

After listening to these podcast, I have discovered what to do to make a successful podcast and also what not to do. To me the best podcast are the ones with speakers who pronounce every word and speak clearly. It is distracting to be listening to someone without seeing them and then not being able to understand them. When you speak you should have some sort of animation in your voice since the listener cannot see you. You have to keep the listeners' attention so make it interesting. Another way to keep it interesting is to add music like in the introduction but only when someone is not talking.

My favorite podcast was the Practical Principals Podcast. It was interesting that they had both a man and a woman who were from two different states. They discuss topics thoroughly while taking each others' opinion as well. They speak clearly and with flection in their voice. This was my favorite because it was practical, interesting and clearly recorded. When making my podcast I would use this as a guideline on how I want mine to be.

3 comments:

Chris Ellis said...

I also enjoy the podcasts with clear annunciation. I, for one, prefer the less formal podcasts. The video podcasts were my favorite though. I didn't see anything in your post about a video podcasts. If you didn't watch one, I suggest you check one out. They were much more enjoyable than the casts which were audio only.

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job Sam. You are right in that you must speak clearly and what the "ums" and "ahs", that just kills the podcast. I hope now you have a better understanding you how to do your own podcast in a few weeks. Keep up the good work.

Spring said...

I could see how speaking with fillers like "um" could make a podcast less interesting. I'll definitely keep this in mind when we record our podcast for class.

Post a Comment