rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Making a Difference

One of the most important things that I have taken from EDM 310 is that as a teacher it should be my goal to make a difference. Whether it be in one student or in every student I teach. It is important to have that motivation behind you when you teach. Knowing that you could actually have a great affect on some one's life. I know that the best teachers I have had have made the biggest impact on me. The most influential teacher I have had was my American literature teacher in college. She was passionate not only about the material but also about life, teaching and making a difference in students. And I have to say she definitely made a difference in this one.

I think that EDM is equipping me to achieve this goal. By using the technology I have learned about over the semester I feel like I have a whole set of tools that I can use to make a difference in the classroom. Dr. Strange is passionate about his classes as well and I think it is his goal for us to make a difference. I feel as though this class has prepared me to teach better and more effectively. I look forward to getting in the classroom and using the many technologies and techniques to teach. I hope I can be an affective educator who will always maintain the motivation to make a difference.




Comments4Kids

This week for comments4kids I read a blog by Josie who is a 6 year old in Mrs. Kathy Cassidy's class in Moose Jaw, Canada. In her post she put an illustrated story book about a fairy. The graphics were great and the story was well written for a 6 year old. The book had a cover and several pages that you click to turn through. It seems like a great tool for kids to learn to write with.

Vocaroo

I used Vocaroo for my comments4classmates this week.

1 comment:

Noah said...

I agree with you about it should be a goal for a teacher to make a difference. My offensive line coach and science teacher are the main reasons I want to become a teacher. They made a big difference in my life. They were always there when I needed them

Post a Comment